Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Autumn Raku

This assignment was a warm up after coming back from the summer break:  expresing autumn feelings with clay, fire and smoke. My inspiration came from  a song, Elokuun kruunu - CMX (the Crown of August)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqyV92w5-ww
It is always a reminder in that time of year of a bittersweet  teenage drama -now translated into garden deco that can be used also as a candle holder! :)  I wanted a romantic worn out look so I used glaze that is more like a rusty patina for the big ones. The small crowns I wanted to be more colorful, with surprises of  different layered glazes. Part of the mission was to find a place for the work outside where they would be presented to the class. Unfortunatly  one big crown didn´t survive,  I dropped it when taking out from the Raku kiln.




The most I enjoyed  placing the work in the yard with a little help of the ways of environmental art.




Matching colors with the surroundings.


And this place I just could not resist, it was too tempting even too obvious.






No comments:

Post a Comment